Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Running

I virtually never post without a picture but I have to give a followup account of the information Meghan gave me about HOW to begin to run.

As I stated in the earlier post I took Meghan's advise about running for 4 minutes and walking for 1. The first day on the treadmill I was dieing (as I reported in the post). Since then I've been running everyday either on the treadmill or outside. NO MORE power walking...I'm either running or walking to rest.

Today, on the treadmill at the gym I bumped it up a notch. My ratio today was 5 to 1. Five minutes running and 1 walking. I was on the treadmill for over 30 minutes!

The moral of this story is that Meghan gave me some good advise (Thanks Meggie!!!) and it will work for all of us...if you are well enough to run. Give it a try, the sky is the limit!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a good plan. I've been working on my endurance (which isn't very long!) so this is some much appreciated advice! : )
Happy running!