Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Meg Runs a 5K!

Let me start out by saying I have NO idea why my words are coming up BLUE and why everything is underlined! Once again the fact that I am "technology challenged" is showing!
ANYWAY...I am so proud of my daughter, Meghan. She has begun to run her little heart out. Meg's first race was in Jacksonville with her friend Claire. She and Claire ran in a 5K while pushing Addie in a jogging stroller. Meg is smaller now than when she got pregnant with Addie. Both of them are new mom's that look like they were never pregnant.
Beside the fact that Meghan is doing such a great job running she is also inspiring me to run a bit more. Normally I do a walk/run at different intervals.
Meghan told me that one way to train yourself to run a marathon is to run for 4 minutes and walk for one.
Well...yesterday I was on the treadmill at the gym and tried it. I was able to do it for 2 cycles! It's tough!!! But I'm determined to do better so tomorrow (or next time) I'll at least try to run for 3 cycles of 4 to 1.
A big thank you to Meghan and Claire for being such inspiring young women who happen to also be first time Mom's. (Did I mention Claire is a nursing Mom? How DO YOU DO IT???) Please enjoy the pictures of their race.


Meghan and Claire are on the far left.
Isn't Addie looking gorgeous for HER first marathon?

You girls look so beautiful...please tell me this picture was taken BEFORE the race!

P.S. Did you noticed the text is now in black??? I have NO IDEA WHAT I DID!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay Meghan! : ) I agree! She's a SUPER skinny-minny now! ; )