Friday, February 6, 2009

Meet Finn!

Do you recall my previous post about "Violet O'Hara"? Well last week Violet and I boarded a Plane to Charlotte (I had to slip her a pill for the flight...she was great...THEN!) in order to take her HOME. It/she just was not working out and I knew she never would.
Her Breeder's name is Deborah and I enjoyed my visit with her so much-she is a lovely woman who adores Tonkinese cats. Violet proceeded to hiss at the other cats and did not EVER come out of her carrier. I finally had to pull her out when it was time for me to leave with Finn.
I must say that even though Violet O'Hara had very UN-Tonkinese behavior, at night she was a doll. She would sleep all curled up around my neck and purr. If I tuned to my right side, she'd walk around to be near my face. When I turned to the other side, she'd do the same thing. Of course once sleepy time was over she'd run from me the rest of the day. When it was time to tell her good-bye...I cried! I actually (in a way) hated to leave her. Deborah assured me she would work with her and take good care of her. I've since heard from Deborah that she now keeps
Violet
in her bedroom because the other Tonks don't like her! (Imagine THAT!!)


And this is my sweet Finn...aka the Finn-Man! Isn't he handsome?!!
Can you tell???-Lily says his nose looks like a pig. I think she's right. Sometimes I call him "Little Piggy".

Finn's eyes are the most gorgeous shade of turquoise blue.


So let me tell you about his personality...He's WONDERFUL!! I'm already in love with the boy! He sleeps snuggled up with me all night, usually under the covers, just as close as he can get to me. The rest of the night and first thing in the morning, he gets up next to my face. Usually resting his head on my pillow with his body under the covers. He follows me around the house just like a little puppy. When he wants to be held (which is most of the time) he stretches his legs up on mine and "cries" until I pick him up. When he gets picked up, he "hugs" me around the neck with both little paws! How cute is that!



Now for his ANNOYING SIDE...(You know we ALL have one of those!)...




As you can see, Oscar TOLERATES him. Look at their coloring...Lily noticed as soon as she saw them together how much they looked alike. By the way, Oscar continues to eat his meal plus anything that Finn doesn't finish...just like he has done with the previous Tonks.





Finn loves to play fetch with this little "mouse". He'll carry it around in his mouth, bring it to you and retrieve it when you throw it. Not unusual for a Tonk.






THE COMPUTER...This is his most annoying time! When Lily or I are on the computer, he will NOT leave us alone!! If he's not meowing to be held or have his head scratched, then he's between you and the screen. He loves watching what's going on and chases the mouse when you move it. As much as I love how snugly he is, when you just can't hold him, it is a bit irritating...but THAT...I CAN LIVE WITH!!
Finn is such a blessing and sooo worth waiting for.
At times I wonder why Violet came in to our lives for such a short time. I believe God when He says in His Word that He is the one that directs our paths AND that the things that come in to our lives come THROUGH Him. So I KNOW that the way Finn came to us was God's plan. Quite possibly, I needed to MEET Deborah. I know we will keep in touch...we had many things in common, number 1 being the Lord. Now I she is one of my "Fiends" on FACEBOOK"!!!...Yes, that's right, I'm now on Facebook...Beth talked me in to it!!!....and THAT will be a post for another day!
to be continued......








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh! I'm laughing out loud! He's sooo adorable! I wish we had gotten one of those instead of another dog! I can't believe he plays catch!!! Love it!

MCD said...

Great post. He is adorable! Can he come on the road trip to Tucson with us?

Lisa Koontz said...

Hmmmm...Are you serious about Finn and the road trip?