Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ireland-Day 1

Ireland was so beautiful! We had a fantastic time and I look forward to returning there. The people are so kind and generous, very friendly and seem so happy. We had great weather most every day (which I hear is unusual). I'll be posting pictures and details of our trip for days to come. I took almost 500 pictures so I have lots to show you. I sat next to Isabelle, a flight attendant for Gulfstream. She was headed to Dublin to work a return flight from Dublin to the U.S. We had such a nice conversation. We are the same age and had so much in common. I really enjoyed meeting her and plan to stay in touch! You may notice that there are no pictures of Beth today. That's because Bethie missed her flight and didn't make it until the next day. But I KNOW that it was God's plan...you'll have to let HER tell you THAT story.
This is Isabelle, a lovely woman (inside and out) that was my seat-mate on the flight from Chicago to Dublin.
The view, landing at the Dublin Airport.
Maura and I at the Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel, in Dalkey.
This was the amazing view from our beautiful room.


The chocolates were waiting for us in our room, along with a basket of fruit and bottle of red wine. The Fitzpatrick is a wonderful place to stay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering why there were no pictures of MiM yet! I will have to ask her what happened! Anyways, can't wait to see more pics of the trip!