Thursday, August 14, 2008

Yes! It's Still Day 1

Signs are written in English and Irish/Gaelic. Killiney is a city on the other side of the mountain/hill. The "hill" is called Killiney and we climbed it one day. What beautiful views we enjoyed as well as so many surprises. You'll have to keep checking back for that one!
Sweetly scented lavender in someones garden on our walk home.
The entire stone wall was covered in this beautiful mounding flower. I have no idea what it's called, I've never seen it before. The bloom was similar to a petunia.
A lovely gate leading into someones yard.
I love this house! It's PINK! The flowers were so pretty and it's on the same street as our hotel. It was a perfect evening. Clear and cool. What a lovely walk home we had.

Yes, we ARE STILL on the same day. But Maura and I have started the walk back home to our hotel. It's just that Ireland is so beautiful that I couldn't sop taking pictures. AND I want to show you ALL of them!
P.S. I wanted this paragraph to be at the beginning but it ended up at the END! Sorry.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! Sigh....
LOVED the pink house!
Dorie

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
Each posting is so beautiful!
I love the pink house.Great picture of you and Maura.
Blessings,
Mother

MCD said...

LOVE the pink house.... if only James wouldn't mind living in a pink house I would totally do it!

Unknown said...

I LOVE all of the pictures! The flowers and details are beautiful! It makes me want to go! :)

Lisa said...

Pink House?? Now why didn'y I think of that? Then the outside could match the inside! Think the home-owners assosiation would aprove?

Ruthie said...

This is Ruthie Lord Ingram. I love Ireland, I went 17 years ago to visit one of my best friends. All the beauty filled my soul full!
I love your blog!