Saturday, November 1, 2008

So...On We Go!

Well, this is our beautiful drive from Powerscourt to Cork and the LaCita Bed and Breakfast (More about La Cita later.). Cork is south west of Powerscourt.
Look at the building to the right and back of this photo. For we Americans, it's quite and awesome sight to turn the corner and see a CASTLE!!
This is a lovely street. What town are we in??? I have NO IDEA...it was a town that we entered by accident...yes, in other words...we were LOST. I take full responsibility as I was the navigator. Beth was the official driver because she is much better at driving on the wrong side of the road than I am! And besides, I'M better with the map and I have a pretty good sense of direction. Oh...that's right I'M the one that got us lost.

Can you just imagine opening this gate everyday to come home to this vine-covered house?


Notice the church in the far left background.



This is the same little town as the picture before. You can't see it but just beyond the wall is a wide, beautiful quick flowing river. We crossed a bridge to enter the town.




On Thursday, November 6, I'm headed out to Alaska to see my sister, Beth. So...It's time to complete (I know, FINALLY) our Irish adventure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
Thanks for taking us on your beautiful journey. It has been a delight.
Blessings as you go,
Mom

Anonymous said...

I think there should be an granbaby blog!