Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday! I had a great dinner at La Bamba, a Mexican restaurant in town. I love their tamales and salsa. But the best part of the dinner was the company.
Me, my sister Melanie and my nephew, Micah

My brother-in-law, Robert, along with my sister-of-the-heart, Julie and her husband, Jack


Sister Jewels, the birthday girl and Mel


As some of you know, there are FOUR Sisters-of-the-heart and ONE of them was missing. But because she is ALWAYS in our hearts and minds, we have saved a place for her.

This book, The Shack, was a gift from Jewels. It's such an awesome book, like no other. She loaned me her copy which I read in 24 hours, just couldn't put it down. God was speaking to me on just about every page! This copy I can keep, reread and mark up with a pink highlighter! If you haven't read this book, get it. It's truly amazing. I'd loan you mine but I'm taking it to Ireland with me and I can't promise that it will be coming home. I've already given away 3 of them. It's just a book that I want to share because God touched me in such a unique way and most everyone who reads it has a similar experience.

3 comments:

MCD said...

Love you Momma I hope you had a special day :)

MCD said...

expect something from me in the mail soon....

Anonymous said...

i won't tell anyone at el leoncito that you went to another mexican restaurant for your birthday. :P