Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Violet O'Hara

Michelle, this post is especially for you. Meet Violet O'Hara, our Tonkinese kitten.
Violet is a Platinum Point Tonkinese from Charlotte, NC. She arrived in our lives just after Thanksgiving by way of Jacksonville, FL., courtesy of Matt and Claire Williams. (They picked her up from the breeder in Charlotte and drove her to Jacksonville.)
Meghan, Addie and I picked her up in Jacksonville and Violet "cried" all the way home...And that was just the beginning!
The beginning of what you ask?
The beginning of the END of this little Tonkinese being a part of our family! I came to the conclusion just yesterday that she is just NOT going to work out!!!!
The Tonkinese breed is a Siamese-Burmese mix. They are a smaller than most cats, have hypo-allergenic fur and loved for their dog-like personalities. Violet's personality, while very affectionate, is more like an alley-cat! She is very skittish and runs away, hiding from me. When I reach my hand out towards her, she can not get away fast enough.
My last Tonk, O'Malley, was so much like a dog. He was always underfoot, followed me everywhere, would play "fetch", loved everyone and very affectionate...he was perfect! And he was not unusual for the breed...Violet, however IS!
So it looks like we will be switching her out for another cat as soon as one is available.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Violet :( But at least we tried!

Claire Helena said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that! Was Deborah ok with you returning her? And is your next cat going to be from her? Keep us posted! Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday! Which will be "A day like no other!"

Anonymous said...

Thank you! : )
I'm sorry she's a 'dud'! She's really beautiful though! ok! post pics of the next kitten when you get her! : )

MCD said...

Oh man, send her back to the kennel I will give you Bianca. LOL!!

Lisa said...

You know Meg, Violet and Bianca possess identical personalities...I think I'll pass on your offer!

Beth said...

I got to thinking about Violet's name, she is more like a 'Shrinking Violet'! I am sort of happy you are taking her back, cause, that means we might get to see ya. :)
Loved the Thanksgiving photos. B