Monday, December 15, 2008

Our 2008 Christmas Tree

I'm excited about Christmas in general but I am so thrilled with our Christmas tree this year, I just had to share it with you! I think it's the prettiest tree I've ever had. The idea for brilliant blue came from Alaska.
When I was visiting Beth in Anchorage, as we drove around the town I began to see these amazing blue lights on the trees and buildings. The blue was such an intense color. It was especially spectacular reflecting off of the white snow. In Anchorage they put up their lights early and take them down late...it seems their Christmas lights are up from fall to spring!
I was so taken with these blue lights that it became the basis for my color palette this year.
The actual tree (a gift from Mark...which has a story of its own) is a fresh tree, tall and full and VERY fragrant.
Don't you think this is the most wonderful time of year?






3 comments:

MCD said...

LOVE the tree it's huge! I wonder if Addie will like it.

Meghan

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

are you going to put up any pics of your precious kitty????