Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Finally...Day 3!!!

This is Maura and I with Maura's Auntie Margarete. Auntie Margarete lives in Sandy Cove. We had a lovely visit with her in her home. She is such a lively woman, very energetic! I wish you could hear her accent. I could have sat and listened to her talk all day long.

Our next stop was an area called Powerscourt. There is a brand new, beautiful Ritz-Carlton here and one of Maura's cousins was in its building. The next few pictures are of the gardens

This was our view as we sat outside (in the rain) and had lunch on the terrace. We held umbrellas over our heads as we ate. Of course we were the only ones to finish their lunch in the rain. Where is the picture, you ask? If I showed you the proof, Maura and Beth would kill me! They were both in the midst of chewing as I snapped the picture. They are both beautiful women but trust me...it was pretty! And you know what they say, "Turn about is fair play.".

I love this angel statue. She's so majestic looking over the garden. It's as if she's guarding the grounds.Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally! Day 3!!! How many days were you there total!? lol

Please see my new post you requested!

Barbara said...

Now where is Sandy Cove I am wondering.
Nice gardens wherever they are.

Lisa said...

Sandy Cove is right next to Dalkey...which is right beside Dun Laoghaire. And finally, Dun Laoghaire is just south of Dublin. It's a beautiful area, located on the Irish Sea.

Anonymous said...

The gardens were breath taking! Thank you for sharing them all. I loved Ireland. My heart was so filled with all the breath taking views. It truly restored my soul at the time I went. I hope it was as meaningful for you.